SIL Group was formed by people with a real working knowledge and passion for the textile industry.
Our businesses operate with complete integrity. This means dealing honestly with customers, suppliers, partners and our employees and generating trust and peace of mind throughout our worldwide network.
Many of our fabrics are seen on the catwalks of Paris, London, Milan and New York and in the world’s most prestigious tailors and fashion retailers, but we never forget that the quality of our product relies on farmers, herders, yarn merchants, dyers, weavers and finishers. Their welfare is paramount in the sustainable production of the world’s finest fibres and cloths.
We work with natural fibres and our commitment to good environmental practices is entwined in our DNA.
In the broadest sense sustainability means maintaining sustainable livelihoods for everyone we work with, whilst protecting the environment.
SIL Group’s luxury fibres come from certified sources in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and South America. Our responsibilities therefore extend from sustainable industrial practices within our mills to offering customers peace of mind in terms of quality, traceability and sustainability.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, promoting animal welfare, and preserving our planet’s natural resources. Our buyers carry out regular visits to the regions of origin and we strongly believe that only the best looked after animals produce the best fibres.
Our nine environmental objectives reinforce our commitment to:
- Meet or exceed all applicable environmental legislation and codes of practice
- Minimise waste and maximise recycling of all materials. Aim for Zero Waste to Landfill.
- Rationalise energy-efficiency and water consumption within our buildings and processes.
- Source raw materials and products from environmentally responsible suppliers who
comply with codes of practise, such as the SFA.
- Assess the environmental impact of new processes or products before implementation
- Monitor business travel and consider tele or video-conferencing alternatives
- Raise our employees’ environmental awareness and encourage best practice
- Reduce all environmental impacts on local communities from our premises.
- Use electronic communications where possible to reduce the use of paper.
We are committed to creating and maintaining working environments and operational practices that safeguard the health, welfare and safety of our employees, supply chain and visitors to our premises. We are striving at all levels to establish ‘injury-free’ workplaces. As well as the health and safety of our staff, the quality of our products is of the utmost importance. That is why our companies are ISO Certified.
We offer outstanding training opportunities to Group employees and operate a very successful apprentice programme which introduces a new generation to the fascinating world of textiles. Our HR division promotes individual training and career progression to help us nurture and retain the most talented people in the textile industry.
We are fully committed to helping our local communities by sourcing local labour, equipment and materials. We also support and sponsor community events and activities when suitable opportunities arise.
We comply with all legislation which promotes equal opportunities within our businesses and treat people fairly, irrespective of gender or beliefs.
We ensure there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in any of our businesses or their supply chain. We act with integrity in all of our business relationships.